Sunday, December 29, 2013
Saturday, December 28, 2013
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Saturday, December 21, 2013
Because honestly, what could be more cliched than Boys Over Flowers? But here are my top ten favorite Kdrama Cliches you are sure to encounter is almost every Kdrama!
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Almost every Kdrama has them, they're the ones that are immediately tagged as the bad guys; whether it's through their dark and sexy looks or their purely hateful actions towards the main characters--it doesn't matter. All that matters is that they grabbed our attentions and had us hating to love them until the very end...or loving to hate them. Here are my top ten Love-Hate Bad Boys!
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Saturday, December 14, 2013
Friday, December 13, 2013
You know you've done it...I know I've done it...and it's about time we own up to it....
My apologies for not updating my Blog with regard to the Exo Showtime Episode 2 Review, this upcoming week is finals and if you've never seen a nursing student study for finals...well...it's not pretty...I promise an update on Exo Showtime Episode 2 and 3 by Monday at the latest so thanks for sticking with me!
This is how I feel during Finals Week
Thank You BTS...
Everybody say NO
I just submitted an 11-page argumentative paper on the Benefits of Being Bilingual as my Research and Writing class and not gonna lie...Kpop Group BTS's N.O. pretty much was exactly how I was feeling and provided the much needed victory dance I needed after my submission.
If you've never actually heard the song, I suggest giving it a listen to!
Sunday, December 1, 2013
It's time...Exo Shometime! We'll finally get to figure out how to tell them apart! There are no interviewers, no pre-written scripts, it's just all Exo as they are....and we're totally loving it!
If you've seen any of their interviews, you know that the Exo members all exude charm in their own way; some are funny like Chanyeol, some a aegyo pros such as Xiumin and then you have Kris...the "cold" one but no less endearing in his own sweet way.
By the end of the skit, the viewers are actually left with a pretty clear picture of who is who!
From Left to Right:
Sehun, Suho, Chanyeol,
D.O., Kai and Baekhyun
- Sehun: "Sharp jawline" I remember him because he looks like a "bad boy" like he's always willing to get into trouble.
- Suho: "Handsome forehead" He's also the most charming...if that helps...?
- Chanyeol: "Male god with fairy-like ears" they also compare him to Yoda, but for me, it's his "innocent" face. He just looks like he'd never get into trouble.
- D.O.: "Heart shaped lips and white eyes" I think he's one of the most distinctive members all on his own.
- Kai: "Not dark, but bronze skin" plus, he resemble's SHINee's Taemin very closely...so if you ever watch an Exo performance and suddenly you think Taemin's on the screen...nope, it's Kai
- Baekhyun: "When he smiles his mouth forms a rectangle" Also, I think he looks like the "baby" of the group...
From Left to Right:
Kris, Xiumin, Luhan,
Lay, Chen and Tao
- Kris: "The cold guy" he is also very distinctive on his own, but yeah, he's the standoffish one.
- Xiumin: "Round eyes with single eyelids" I think he's one of the most distinctive: very fine features
- Luhan: "Sparkly eyes like a Deer" Honestly, I consider him also the baby of the group and I find it hard to distinguish between Luhan and Baekhyun
- Lay: "Deep dimples" I can find him out by way of deduction...if I can't name an Exo member, it's probably Lay...sad but true
- Chen: "Camel Dinosaur who sings with his cheekbones" Also, the corners of his lips have a very sharp incline.
- Tao: "Looks somewhere in between Shin Hyun Jun and Kang Dong Won" he also has the darkest circles under his eyes and is knowns as "Exo's Panda".
After the audience was given the quick tips on how to figure out the members, they were prompted to...eat chicken. Actually, this seemed like it'd be kind boring for a skit but it turned out to be highly entertaining! First things first however, I must give MAD props to three of the members:
Baekyun, Kris and Xiumin! The hand muscles it must take to be able to actually eat a fried chicken leg with chopsticks is incredible! I somehow feel like this will become a game between my husband and I soon because it just doesn't seem possible!
Moving on to the actual skit: Kai is known for being a chicken eater--as in he LOVES eating chicken (there should be a Kai vs. Onew challenge at some point...) and each member was given a whole chicken (fried) to eat and see who: 1) finishes the fastest and; 2) finishes the most. While each member dived into their chicken, Kris was very reluctant to eat his portion. Now if you know Kris, you know he's known for being extremely healthy, to the point that he takes several vitamins a day to keep up his health. But after smelling it and hearing the members talk about how great it is, he slowly (almost sheepishly) decides to pick up a pieces and can be seen silently nibbling a piece. It doesn't take long for all the members to see this and start razzing him about it. I think the cold one is the most easily embarrassed, which would explain his normally cold side. Awww...Cheer Up Kris, we love you!
Anyway, this episode finale was based off a fan question. The question prompted each of the members to perform a "loving" wink. Some failed utterly miserably but there were some pretty good ones which I will post below to close out this blog!
These are the runner-ups!Suho was the first to go and actually, I felt like he had the best one: It was charming, sweet, sly...the kind of wink a woman would love to receive when being flirted with. Go Suho for your manly charms!
|Of course, Sehun did pretend to vomit afterwards so maybe my opinion is skewed...?|
|Uwa! So smooth!|
|Not a bad imitation, actually!|
WinnerBut in the end, despite the cute, serious and sexy winks that each of the twelve members exhibited, it was Kris who finally became the winner for this skit. Kris, his shy self, actually messed up twice trying to wink while imitating Suho but his members took pity on him and dubbed him the King of Winking anyway, lets see his wink!
It wasn't so much that he messed up the wink portion, but he had tried to say "Excuse me, do you want to come over" but the position of the cup made him almost inaudible. So much so that the members had to ask what he had said....after laughing, of course. On the second attempt, he picked up his cup and spilled it over his hand which brought on another round of laughter.
Aigoo...our shy Kris was able to finally come out of his shell after the chicken skit so that by the end of the winking skit, he was fully participating with the other members and looked to be enjoying himself. I hope more of this will come out in future episodes.
Overall, the show I think was a complete success...at least as far as the first episode is concerned. The members were open, they were funny and they made watching the show enjoyable. The awkwardness of the beginning quickly faded into hilarity and I am very much looking forward to the next episode!